Help (How to use this site)
A large amount of ocular prosthetic information is presented
on this site. It is our hope that you find this data
useful and easily accessible. After reviewing this
page, if you still need additional help or if you have a
question, suggestion or comment, please contact
Each prosthetic topic is presented in its own page.
Some topics are presented in multiple pages when it is appropriate.
Clicking on the right arrow at the bottom of these pages
will display the next page of information. Related
topics and links to likely actions are usually listed at
the bottom of each page.
Topics are organized into sections accessible from the vertical
on Red ) menu on the right. The following
is a "Table
of Contents" to pages on this site. This may
be a quick way for you to locate what you need.
Alternatively, the topics are arranged by the interest of
different visitors. Each group of visitors is greeted
by its own page where topics specific
to their needs are presented. These pages are accessed
by clicking on the
across the top.
- A welcome is extended to all (Prospective
and Current) patients from this page. They, or you
will be directed to particular topics of interest such
Geriatric and Scleral
Cover Shell prostheses.
Parents of Young Patients
- This welcome page is for parents, guardians
and caregivers of young patients. Topics accessed
from here address concerns that parents may have regarding
their young child.
Ophthalmologists and Oculoplastic Surgeons
- This is for all ophthalmic medical professionals.
We welcome and describe how we, as ocularists, and this
web site may be of service.
- A welcome is extended to doctors who specialize
in retinal, vitreous, ocular diseases and diabetic retinopathy.
On this site we describe our subspecialty in scleral cover
shell prostheses for patients who were not fortunate to
regain their eyesight, and have preferred to retain their
- This is an ocularist-to-ocularist page where
we greet our fellow ocularists. Please join us in
making this page a useful part of your professional resources.
Contents (Section Description)
- Click on this Item to return to our home
- The current page you are viewing.
- About Us (Jahrling Ocular Prosthetic, Inc.)
- Find out more about who we are and our services.
- A Brief History of Ocular Prostheses
- Interesting information on the history of
ocular prostheses from Egyptian times to modern days America.
- Custom Fitting Procedures & Care Instructions
- Detailed information on the process of fitting
impression moulded conventional and scleral ocular prostheses,
as well as instructions for their insertion, removal,
and hygiene care.
- Patient Results (with Photos)
- This section will show sample photos of
patients with descriptive diagnosis, and procedure followed
to obtain these results.
- Travel Directions to Our Offices
- Driving directions, hotel accommodation,
and other related information on transportation to our
- Contact Information & Office Directory
- Directory listing, office hours and access
to forms for various requests and questions.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Answers to a comprehensive list of questions
about ocular prostheses.
- Glossary of Related Terminology
- A useful list of terminology and their explanations.
- List of Our Publications
- A listing of professional publications authored